Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Two nights ago I uploaded photos of my Year 12 formal on Facebook. There were photos of you and I uploaded and I thought it was okay, you weren't even tagged. But you texted me.. For the first time since we broke up. Your words were:
"Hey Marie"
"Can u please take down those photos off Facebook."
"I would really appreciate it."

I didn't reply to you. I saw your message, did what you told me to do, took down the photos of us and never replied.

The thing is, I don't know if I'm completely over you. It's been nearly a year since we've broken up and yet there hasn't been a day where you haven't crossed my mind. You were the best thing that I thought has happened to me, yet you were the worst boyfriend ever. Recently, old friends have told me what you've been doing or was up to while we almost ended our relationship. New friends that I've met that knew I've dated you has told me I'm better off without you. The thing is, I know you've moved on, I know you have someone else but you won't make it public. I also want an explanation. Why did you want it to end? Why did it end? What was the reason why? Why didn't you put in the effort to keep the relationship going when I didn't have the ability to anymore because I was so sick in hospital? What people tell me that's supposed to hurt me doesn't hurt me. What I see on social media that's supposed to hurt me, doesn't hurt me either. I guess it means I'm over you, but why are you constantly on my mind? Why am I constantly checking your Instagram, Twitter and Facebook? Why do I have dreams about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment